RE: replocating a server

  • From: "Alex Gonzalez" <AGonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 08:34:33 -0400

You could do a cluster environment using Active Passive mode.  You would then
have a central storage for your database and if server A of the cluster failed
server B would pick up in a minute and a half and utilize the same storage.
You would have to do quite a migration though to get to that and it would
require enterprise everything to do it.
Other than that just make sure you have good back ups.  Then maybe a hot spare
server that you could attach your DB to in case your server goes.