[ExchangeList] Re: repairing corrupted store

  • From: "Zoran Marjanovic" <Zoran.Marjanovic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:22:22 +0100

Once you move all mailboxes (and messages) I do not see why you would
repair the old DB.

First create a full backup of it, then extract all messages with
ExMerge. This way you can be sure nothing will be lost.

After you move everything, dismount the corrupted DB, wait for a week or
a month (no rush here) and, if there are no problems, delete the
corrupted DBs.

You could troubleshoot the move of the Admin's mailbox or you could
extract all messages and, if the move does not work, recreate the new
one in the new DB and import its messages.

You could create a test account and associate the Fax's mailbox with it.
Then move it. Or you could create a new one in the new DB and
reconfigure the fax to use it.

Again, you could extract its messages and import them in the new
mailbox, if there are any.

How to Troubleshoot Mailbox Moves

If you experience problems during the move mailbox process, see the move
mailbox log that is described earlier in this article.

You can also increase the level of detail that is captured in the
Application log by increasing the logging level. To do this, follow
these steps:

1.         In Exchange System Manager, right-click the source server,
and then click Properties.

2.         Click Diagnostics Logging.

3.         In the Services list, double-click MSExchangeIS, and then
click System.

4.         In the Categories list, click Move Mailbox.

5.         Under Logging level, click Maximum, and then click OK.