[ExchangeList] repairing corrupted store

  • From: "Jeffrey Robillard" <jrobill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:15:54 -0400

I am going to be repairing our corrupted mail store this weekend.  I
have created a new store and moved all the mailboxes to that new store
so I can dismount the bad one and fix it.  There are only a couple of
accounts left in the bad store can am not sure how to move them.

The administrator mailbox wont move.  It gives an error in AD users and
computers of

Error: Opening destination mailbox.    (which would be the new store).
The information store could not be opened.  The MAPI provider failed.
Mapi 1.0.   ID no: 8004011d-0289-00000000

Any thoughts?  Is it not possible to move the administrator mailbox?

There are two other mailboxes associated with our fax software, which
dont have any user accounts assigned to them.  I cant figure out how to
move them since they dont show up in AD users and computers, they only
show up in exchange system manager.

I am less concerned about two to fax related system mailboxes than the
error associated with moving the administrator mailbox.

Thanks in advance for any info you can offer.