[ExchangeList] Re: recipient policies

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:29:55 -0500

You'll need to filter based on some rule that allows you to separate the "new" users from the "old" users - perhaps an OU?
But - how you would apply this actually depends on what your goal is.

Are you running this second domain as a reply-to address for these new users?  Then you need multiple policies and some way of filtering them (for example, LDAP as James suggested)

Are you integrating these users into your existing domain, and just want to be able to receive email at the old SMTP address and old email domain?  If that's the case, I would just add them to the default policy as an underspecified (or secondary) SMTP address and let everyone get it.  It doesn't hurt anything to have more than one SMTP address.

Basically how you want the 'reply-to' address to read is what will define the policy architecture you need.

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Motlik, Richard <RMotlik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I only need it for one email address, can you give me an idea what kind of ldap filter I need ??

Sent: January 20, 2009 10:02 PM

To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] Re: recipient policies

In that case you will need to create a new policy with new smtp domain and ldap filter. Give this policy a higher priority then your default priority.

James Chong
Sr. Systems Engineer
Simplexity, LLC.
11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300