recalling an email

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:15:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On one of the Exchange servers I manage, a user tried to recall a message
that had been delivered but not yet opend (definitely not opened).  Yet,
Outlook and/or Exchange came back with "The message could not be
recalled".

Any ideas where I should look to see why the recall failed?  Event logs
and message tracker did not show anything related.

Are there any other reasons a recall might have failed, other than the
user not having opened the message?  Does something need to be configured
in Exchange to allow recalling of messages?

best regards
Mike