quick & dirty Migration

  • From: "Mike French" <mike.french@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:52:46 -0600

I need some advice:

I have a client who has an Exchange 2003 server hosted off-site. The
off-site box is in a domain that is different from their local LAN. They
want to run Exchange in their LAN and get rid of the off-site box. What I
thought about doing is install and configure a new exchange server on the
LAN, re-point their MX to their local WAN ip and setup the PTR's with their
DNS host. Once they start receiving e-mail to the local exchange server, go
out to the off-site box and exmerge all their mail to PST's. I'll bring them
back to the local LAN and import them to their respective mailboxes either
at the server or at the outlook client. This somehow seems too simple, I've
tested this in a VM lab and I didn't see any problems, but I thought I would
ask before I leap into this project.

Mike French

Acclaim Networks
754 Port America Place