[ExchangeList] Re: question

  • From: "Rick Boza" <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 14:16:18 -0400

Out of curiousity - how well does it handle malformed SSNs?

What I mean is, assuming it looks for strings formatted as :

But what happens if it is formatted as #########   ?

I know Postini has some great capability - I'm just wondering how comprehensive the filtering of SSN's really works out to be.

You know what they say, if you try to idiot-proof the system, someone will always build a better idiot.

We use POSTINI spam\virus filter which is a subscribed to service and they give you the ability to set up OUTBOUND content management where it will search outgoing email for SSN's.