[ExchangeList] problem with public folders on ex2k3

  • From: "Harondel J. Sibble" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:31:46 -0800

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------I don't have all the
details on this yet, particularly error messages, but
here goes:

Client running Exchange 2003 on Win2k3. They have some shared contact lists
stored in one of the public folders.  Most of the staff use Exchange 2003 in
Cached mode. To have the contact list show up as an address book, we do the
usual right click > properties and on one of the tabs check to have it show
up as an address book. So far so good. Starting late last week, none of the
staff have been able to access this address book from Outlook, clicking on
the public folder and then into this contact list results in an error,
something along the lines of this address book is not available now and to
contact your administrator.

I don't know if they get this error for all contact lists stored in the PF or
for the top level PF itself.

Oddly enough logging in via OWA, one has no trouble accessing this contact
list or any other lists in the PF.

Looking in the event logs on the machine shows nothing out of the ordinary,
no error messages etc.

Any ideas on where to look?

--
Harondel J. Sibble