Re: problem with information store

  • From: "Brian Harris" <bharris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 11:56:42 +0930

Hi,

I few options, but as you have the mail in PST I would,

1.  Backup up your exchange system.
2. Dismount the private mail store.
3. Stop the Information Store service
4. Rename the priv1.edb and priv1.stm files to oldpriv1.edb and
oldpriv1.stm.
5. Start the IS service and mount the store you will get an error
saying no database is available and it will create a new one, this would
be no good if you are doing a restore, but ok for exmerge.
6. You can then exmerge and put your mail back in.  PST file names must
match the mail users name.

This is from memory so check the procedure, but you will have a roll
back this way, ie rename your priv1 files again.  If you have email in
PST's you no longer need the logs and remove them from the mdbdata
folder.  Fairly simple just remember your rollback pla.

Cheers

Brian

>>> hoppy_lumz@xxxxxxxxx 5/05/2003 5:28:41 pm >>>
http://www.MSExchange.org/

Brian, I think the problem is with my database logs. I think it is
corrupt and I don't have a backup to restore with. I get the following
error when I try to recover with eseutil
Performing soft recovery...Operation terminated with error -1023
(JET_errInvalidPath, Invalid file path) af
ter 1.203 seconds.
E:\exchsrvr\BIN>eseutil /r e00 /l e:\exchsrvr\mdbdataMicrosoft(R)
Exchange Server(TM) Database Utilities
Version 6.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1991-2000.  All Rights
Reserved.Initiating RECOVERY mode...
    Logfile base name: e00
            Log files: e:\exchsrvr\mdbdata
         System files: <current directory>Performing soft
recovery...Operation terminated with error -501 (JET_errLogFileCorrupt,
Log file is corrupt What can I do to have a fresh database. I have mails
backed up in PST format using exmerge.

Brian Harris <bharris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi,

Check the following...

1. May occur if the disk holding the log files runs out of disk space.

2. Can occur if the information store is not running. When the
information store is stopped and the System Attendant is still
running,
the System Attendant keeps the MAPI session active. This issue can
also
occur if a mailbox store failed to mount. "

3. Can also happen if you use the "Reinstall" option for Exchange 2000
Server on a server that's running a service pack (any service pack).
Since the mail stores are updated with service packs, previous
versions
of Exchange don't understand and can't mount them. If you have
reinstalled Exchange on top of itself, don't forget to apply the same
SP
level that the server had before you reinstalled it.

Cheers

Brian

>>> hoppy_lumz@xxxxxxxxx 5/05/2003 4:34:13 pm >>>
http://www.MSExchange.org/

My server developed a problem this morning. This is the error looged
in
the event viewer Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: MAPI Session
Event ID: 9175
Date: 05/05/2003
Time: 07:34:41
User: N/A
Computer: OOH_LAG1
The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there
are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down
for maintenance.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000 For more information, click
http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. It also tells me the
log file is corrupt from this log message Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9518
Date: 05/05/2003
Time: 07:18:32
User: N/A
Computer: OOH_LAG1
Error Log file is corrupt starting Storage Group
/DC=COM/DC=OANDOHOLDINGS/CN=CONFIGURATION/CN=SERVICES/CN=MICROSOFT
EXCHANGE/CN=OCEANANDOILHOLDINGS/CN=ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS/CN=FIRST
ADMINISTRATIVE
GROUP/CN=SERVERS/CN=OOH_LAG1/CN=INFORMATIONSTORE/CN=FIRST
STORAGE GROUP on the Microsoft Exchange Information Store.
. For more information, click
I'm using Win2k sp2 and E2k sp2. I've checked KB and the problems I
saw there had to do with fresh e2k installation. Please I need help.

$subst('Email.Unsub')