problem with information store

  • From: Olomo Opeyemi <hoppy_lumz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 00:04:13 -0700 (PDT)

My server developed a problem this morning. This is the error looged in the
event viewer Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: MAPI Session
Event ID: 9175
Date:  05/05/2003
Time:  07:34:41
User:  N/A
Computer: OOH_LAG1
The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either there are
network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for
maintenance.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000 For more information, click
http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.  It also tells me the log file is
corrupt from this log message Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9518
Date:  05/05/2003
Time:  07:18:32
User:  N/A
Computer: OOH_LAG1
Error Log file is corrupt starting Storage Group
/DC=COM/DC=OANDOHOLDINGS/CN=CONFIGURATION/CN=SERVICES/CN=MICROSOFT
EXCHANGE/CN=OCEANANDOILHOLDINGS/CN=ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS/CN=FIRST
ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=SERVERS/CN=OOH_LAG1/CN=INFORMATIONSTORE/CN=FIRST
STORAGE GROUP on the Microsoft Exchange Information Store.
<NULL>. For more information, click
 I'm using Win2k sp2 and E2k sp2. I've checked KB and the problems I saw there
had to do with fresh e2k installation. Please I need help.