problem with SMTP?

  • From: "Chris Maher" <cmaher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:06:12 -0400

I'm having a problem with an Exchange 2000 server on SP4.

All services are responding to control functions (stops/starts) but no
messages are being delivered.  The SMTP server is listening and reports
successful submission of messages & says they're queued for delivery but
they never show up.  Even internal users sending to each other are
having a problem.  All sent messages are being stuck in the Outbox and
not being delivered.  I ran eseutil and isinteg to check for any errors
to no avail.  I'm not sure what could be causing this problem.

As a side note, in System Manager, I can't get the properties of the
SMTP server under Protocols.  When I try, it hangs Exchange SM.

--cm

****

Chris Maher

Senior Network Engineer