RE: problem only with sending Emails to Yahoo and AOL Domains

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 12:17:27 -0700

Some of the Internet e-mail server basics: (If you want to operate an e-mail
server on the Internet there are basics you must follow.)

The IP address that the Internet sees your e-mail coming from must be
static.

The IP address that the Internet sees your e-mail coming from must have a
PTR record, otherwise known as a Reverse Lookup entry.

The domain for your e-mail address must have properly configured required
records, such as A records, NS records and MX records.

So have your internal Exchange server send outgoing e-mail to a smart host,
your external mail server with a static IP.

Make sure that all the required DNS records for that server are in place.

Now, if you want us to help you specifically, you must provide us with
specific details.

John T

eServices For You