Re: problem only with sending Emails to Yahoo and AOL Domains

  • From: Prabhakar Kamuni <prkamuni@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 00:08:53 +0530

Hi  friend,

Thankyou for your mail.

External Setup:

External mail server  Linux (www.mail.abc.com)

If anybody is sending mail to abc.com it will reach the E mail server
(mail.abc.com)

Internal org Mail server setup :

Exchange server and using  pop con connector downloading all the mails
from external mail server and then it will disrtibute to the mailboxes.

Now when I want to send  a mail I will be using my exchange server smtp
...and here the domain name is abc.com (internal domain AD) so this server
also having private ip (192.168.1.1.)

when smtp wants to send mail out it will be using isp ip address
(202.X.X.X) and sending the mail.

Now the ISP Ip was in the spam list (which ip doesnot have reverse
dns)...and Yahoo & Aol or rejecting due to this problem .......

If I will register my IP (isp ip ) with abc.com domain ...this exchange
will become a external mail server for the Org .which i dont want to.

pls suggest friends ..how to do ?

Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
08/04/2005 11:49 PM
Please respond to
"[ExchangeList]"

"[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[exchangelist] Re: problem only with sending Emails to Yahoo and AOL
Domains

http://www.MSExchange.org/

On 8/4/05, Prabhakar Kamuni <prkamuni@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> Hi,
>

> 2 days back my  friend   had problem with Exchange SMTP, All mails are
at
> Queue. As I suggested they  have tried changing  Gateway it went out but
> very slowly, Yesterday again they faced the problem. And this time it
was
> problem only with sending Emails to Yahoo and AOL Domains.  tried using
> Another Exchange Server which we build for testing from there also we
are
> unable to send mails to Yahoo and AOL.
>
> And  I found it  the ip address they  are using is in spam blocked ip
..and
> tht ip doed not have reverse dns entry...
>

> Please let me know whts the permanent solution and one more thing This
> server is our Internal mail server & SMTP server (abc.com) ...and
already we
> have Other External mail server which will respond in the internet
(abc.com)
> now how to set Reverse dns for exchange server

Setup an SMTP connector to relay email through your ISP's mail server
OR get a static IP with proper reverse DNS.

> And if we set is there any problem to the external mail server (Linux)
..

No.

...D