problem installing and running exmerge

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:07:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am unable to install ExMerge and get it to run on my Exchange 2003
server.  I downloaded and installed exmerge from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=429163EC-DCDF-47DC-96DA-1C12D67327D5&displaylang=en

I installed it by double-clicking on the download file as usual.  It
seemed to install without errors.  I installed it in a directory like
X:\programs.  There are four files, all in the same dir:

Exmerge.exe
Exmerge.ini
Mailbox Merge Wizard(Exmerge).doc
Eula.txt

I did not touch ExMerge.ini or modify it in any way.

When I try to run Exmerge.exe by double-clicking, I get an error popup:

ExMerge.exe - Unable to Locate Component
(X) This application failed to start because EXCHMEM.dll was not found.
re-installing the application may fix the problem.

I did try to re-install it (uninstalling is not an option), no effect.
And exchmem.dll does indeed exist in C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin.

The Exchange server itself has been operating fine for over an year and
there are no obvious problems with it.

Any ideas?  Do I need to mess with ExMerge.ini?  Is there some other
install step I have missed?

Mike