RE: problem in exchange 2000 client

  • From: "Lomker, Michael" <mlomker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 08:29:52 -0500

>i guess u must be using exchange 5.5. i had no problems on exchange
> 5.5 but the present sceanrio is exchange 2000 gives this problem.if
> am not clear i will let u know the exact scenario.

I know exactly what you are talking about.  I had the same problem when I
upgraded from 5.5 to 2k.  The 2k setup doesn't transfer the permissions for
Admin (or in my case a group of Exchange Admins) and it took me a couple hours
to figure out the fix.

Go into the Exchange System Manager.  Go into Administrative Groups and go to
the branch that has your server in it.  Go into the properties of the server
object and to the Security tab.  Grant the account all of the permissions
listed (you'll notice that Administrator will have the "send as" and "receive
as" permissions removed).

After a few minutes the account(s) that you added/changed will be able to open
anyone's mailbox just like in 5.5.