Re: problem adding server to existing site

  • From: "Jerry Moore" <jmoore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:06:50 -0700

I had a very similar problem and I resolved it by creating host file entry on
the new server.  Try it and let me know.  Sounds like the exact same problem.
Add the name and ip of the original exchange server to the hosts file on the
new server.  Remember to rename the hosts.sam to hosts (no extension).

Jerry

<<< Strother Cpl  Mary A <StrotherMA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  5/20 10:03a >>>
http://www.MSExchange.org/

Has anyone seen this problem before?  I am running a winnt 4.0/exchange 5.5
network.  All of a sudden whenever I try to add a new exchange server to the
existing site, the setup locks up when it starts replicating the local site
with the new server.  This of course is a problem, because if we were to
lose a server, we would not be able to add one to replace it.  There are no
errors in the event logs, and not doctor watson's.  If anyone could please
send some guidance in my direction, I would appreciate.  Thank you.

Mary