Re: port 25

  • From: "Denise Dorrance" <denisedorrance@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:22:55 +0000

Thanks. Unfortunately we are a small company and don't have a vendor. I am just trying to figure out why after two years of this firewall being up without problems are we having them now. I haven't made any changes to the box but would like to know if there is something I can look at, change, or tweak in order to make this stop happening. I'm not too savvy with this particular firewall but would like to look at a log or something that might point me in the right direction. I can't telnet to the box itself because telnet is turned off but I do have watchguard management software.

If someone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

From: Asim Khan <masim_k@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] Re: port 25
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:50:00 -0700 (PDT)

I think your firewall software has some bug. I have
experience working on Cisco/Sonic Firewalls. On one or
two occasion I encountered with the software bug.
Check this with your vendor.

--- Denise Dorrance <denisedorrance@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > > > Hi All - > > For the last month or so, I've been have problems > with port 25 on my > Watchguard firewall box (thank you to all who helped > to narrow it down to > port 25 on the firewall). I can get to the internet > and such but we just > can't send or receive email outside the domain. This > happens every couple of > weeks or so. Has anyone ever heard of the port just > shutting down and if > so, why does this happen? If I reboot just the > firewall then everything is > fine for the next couple of weeks. Then someone > says "oh by the way, has > anyone gotten any email from outside the company > lately". > > Thanks for the help > > > _________________________________________________________________ > Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: > > > > ------------------------------------------------------ > You are currently subscribed to this > Discussion List as: masim_k@xxxxxxxxx > To unsubscribe send a blank email to $subst('Email.Unsub')

You are currently subscribed to this Discussion List as: denisedorrance@xxxxxxxxxxx