port 25

  • From: "Denise Dorrance" <denisedorrance@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:24:38 +0000

Hi All -

For the last month or so, I've been have problems with port 25 on my Watchguard firewall box (thank you to all who helped to narrow it down to port 25 on the firewall). I can get to the internet and such but we just can't send or receive email outside the domain. This happens every couple of weeks or so. Has anyone ever heard of the port just shutting down and if so, why does this happen? If I reboot just the firewall then everything is fine for the next couple of weeks. Then someone says "oh by the way, has anyone gotten any email from outside the company lately".

Thanks for the help