pop3 domain problem

  • From: "Syed Ali" <syedali78@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 06:54:34 -0700

Dear Fellows after alot of attempts im just delevering my problem to you
please help me im really confused i have installed new fresh installation
of windows 2003 and exchange server 2003 the problem is i have created a
exchange server for internal and internet (external) emails now i have
configure all the configuration in exchange for internet emailing now when
im trying to send mail from my local network through outlook express with
this domain name mail.my-company.com this is my POP/SMTP address also then
on local network mail gone outside to any hotmail or yahoo address and
when i reply back to my local domain then mail will deliver to my mail box
now the problem is when i use internet through dialup with standalone
Pc(WITH OUT MY NETWORK) then in outlook express can not find the address
mail.my-company.com i have a domain controller mail.textile.com on which i
have created a dns A record entry for mail.my-company.com actuall name of
my domain is mail.textile.com or we say primary server every thing is
going fine on local network can some body help me why im not able to
collect emails through internet dialup on remote location i have checked
the command NSLOOKUP for my domain mail.my-company.com and its working
fine and its pointing to my mail server please advice where im missing the

thanks in advance