[ExchangeList] Re: owa 2007 outbox

  • From: "ourebia (lists)" <ourebia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:51:10 +0100

On 12/12/07, Ara Avvali <aavvali@xxxxxx> wrote:

Has anyone seen this issue? Using outlook 2007 we create an email and send out. Email goes to receiver fine and it is gone from outlook outbox. But if you log in to owa, it shows in outbox. Any idea?

I've seen problems with Outlook 2003 where messages seem to get stuck in the outbox. I'm not sure that's comparable...

There's a 'short term' problem where they get stuck in the outbox for up to a minute (apparently due to firewall settings preventing the UDP notification that the message has been sent getting back to Outlook). The recipient gets the message ok, it's just that the Outbox doesn't show that it's gone. It's noticable in this case that if you ask for a delivery receipt, the outbox 'works' as it should.

More irritiating is that messages can really get stuck in the outbox and for hours or days. I've not found an explanation for that. Occasionally you can open the message when it's in the outbox and see the 'send' button is still there and you can send it, other times not.

(this was with MAPI connections; no cached mode, no OST)

.. Ourebia