RE: outbound mails problem

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <psraj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 08:30:44 -0500

Hello Arif,
Sorry, Just came to office today after holidays.
If the problem is happening to only some domains, it could be a problem with
the DNS resolution at VSNL, or even may be a problem with the routing path
from VSNL to the problem domains. The best thing to do is, if the message is
bouncing back with NDR message, check from which server the message is
bouncing. Then you should request the VSNL to trace the message path to see
why it is failing delivery. Sometimes such problems occur with ISPs. The
browsing of Hotmail and Yahoo is working because, you access the HTTP
servers for browsing. But the problem seems to be with the MX servers of
these domains. Do you have a copy of the NDR, send to me if you have.

Regards,

Raj