RE: out of space

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:22:09 -0500

The M: is a virtual drive that represents the drive that Exchange was
installed onto, you cannot increase the size of the m:, forget the m:, do
not touch the m:

Are all of your mailboxes on the c:\, if they are probably the best thing to
do is to relocate the stores to the d:\, here is a link that should help you
out:

Now, the other thing to look at, is are your transaction logs being purged,
if you look in the MDBDATA directory do you see a lot of 5MB files with a
.log extension, if you do, how are you backing up your stores, these should
be purged when you perform a good backup, heres another link:
http://www.msexchange.org/articles/MF020.html

Hope this helps

Mark Fugatt
MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP