no NDR after installing IMS

  • From: Prem <mlistin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 02:02:44 -0800 (PST)

HI ..

I have an exchange server 5.5 over windows 2000.. First server was
configured for internal messaging only and was woring fine, as per the
requirement the SMTP site addressing was changed to ""..
I did tested sending mail to a non existence SMTP ID
"none@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" and did received NDR..

The IMS was installed to connect the mail server to internet and
configured to forward all mail to another server (sendmail server.. I am
able to send and receive mail from internet..

now the problem is if I send a mail to same or any other nonexistance ID
"none@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" I DO NOT get any NDS and the mai is not there in
the Q as well..

ANy help on this is appreciated
Thankx in advance..