RE: new guy

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:06:55 -0500

Hmmm..

You will have to prep 5.5 by finding the group accounts, accounts and public
folders with dl's for permissions.  You'll also need to run DS/IS
consistency etc.  There's a whole bunch of that information in the upgrade
series for 5.5 to Exchange 2000.

Steps 4&5 are reversed as well (if you start ADC install, it will let you
know, but...)

Will Popcon work with 2000?  I have no idea.  That would be between the
group that wrote it and you to figure out I would think.

SP's and the rest are detailed in the readme and upgrade notes.  It's step
by step so no worries.

As a side note, it would be easier for you if you upgraded to Exchange 2003
instead.  It's also all wizard driven so no worries that you will miss
something.  In fact, if possible, you may want to download the install tools
regardless of what you deploy.  Exchdeploy.exe and Exchdeploy.chm are the
files you want and since they come with Exchange 2003, you may have to
download the eval version to get those two files.  It's worth it.

Also, be advised that disaster recovery is a whole new game if your Exchange
and Active Directory are on the same host.  As well, you won't ever gain
benefit of an additional GC should the need arise.  Hope that's a big enough
box.

Al