new 2nd ex2k adv server

  • From: "Jeffrey Robillard" <jrobill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:54:56 -0400

I am having a problem sending mail from the new 2nd email server to the older
1st email server.   I receive the message "a configuration error in the e-mail
system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded
between two recipients".

I can however send mail from the 1st older email server to a mailbox on the 2nd
email server without a problem.

One domain with two mail servers (eventually the 1st mail server will be
retired).  They are physically located about 2 feet a part .. one is on a
192.168.127 segment... the other a 10.1.2 segment.

I am only interested in exchange 2k to exchange 2k communication right now
using outlook.    The address book in outlook picks up everybody in the domain
just fine regardless of what mail server their stuff is stored on.

any ideas?  thanks in advance?