need help pleaseeeeeeeee

  • From: "Mohammad z al khatib" <mohammadzakariaalkhatib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:38:55 +0000

Hi Folks,

Having a major crisis at the moment. We have implemented a new Windows 2k Server domain controller a couple of weeks ago. We have migrated from Winnt and still have a mix of workstations running Win95,98,2k,XP and 2k Terminal Server.

Everything seemed to go well but a few days later I have come across a serious issue that is driving me up the wall and I can't seem to get to the bottom of the issue.

Basically a random account is locking out and when I unlock the user within seconds the account is locked out again. It happens for quite a while and some times it moves around at random to other users in the active directory. Most of the time I re-register the users PC/Laptop onto the network and it solves the problem however I then discover that it moves to the next person in the list. I rebooted the entire network last week after topping up the license manager and it seemed to solve the problem for a couple of days and then I find that it has returned with a vengeance.

I tried rebooting the network again last night as I am starting to get quite desperate and after coming in this morning I find that the problem is still with us. I have been off site for most of the day and have learned that it has made it's way around the list and I am finding the users are starting to get as annoyed as myself.

Can anyone shed any light on the subject or give some pointers. I am vastly becoming behind on my work schedule as I cannot get this issue resolved. It's fair to say that I am starting to get sleepless nights over the problem

Thanks.

Mohammad al khatib