migrating from 5.5 on another service

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:15:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I have a new customer who is currently on another service (ISP) running
Exchange 5.5 and he is migrating to us running Exch 2003.  He would like
to migrate his "mailboxes and everything" to us as well.  We do not have
access to his other Exchange server naturally (it's on another ISP's
service).  There is no possibility of "placing the servers in the same
domain" or "same forest" etc.  But he may be able to get copies of any
files he asks for.  I have no familiarity with Exch 5.5 but know Exchange
2003 Enterprise reasonably well.

So how would I migrate him?  What files should he get and what do I do
with them once he send them to me?  can it even be done?

TIA and best regards
Mike Salim