RE: messages stuck in queue "awaiting directory lookup"

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:14:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> Are these messages pending the queue meant for internal recipients or
> external recipients?

further info ... I ended up rebooting the server.  Upon reboot the
messages went to the "Local Delvery" queue for the specific recipient's
domain name, stayed there a few minutes (maybe 5 minutes or less) and now
all messages have been delivered.  new messages also appear to be being
delivered now.

So ... what was the problem which was fixed by the reboot and how do I
ensure it does not happen again?

best regards
Mike