[ExchangeList] Re: message stuck in "messages awaiting directory lookup" queue

  • From: "Tom Kern" <tpkern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ExchangeList <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:51:27 -0400

I turned up "field engineering logging" and i get these 2 errors-

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
Event Category: Categorizer
Event ID: 9004
Date:  4/4/2006
Time:  10:41:49 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: EXNYC04
Categorizer encountered a hard error while processing a message.  While processing user 'ex:/O=NT5/ou=C22937150EE884418AAC874FC9D9CEA1/cn=8B6D1C665D3BE4489884E7665945491D', the function 'HrHandleOneOffOrContact' called 'HrEncapsulateAddress' which returned error code '0xc004055d' (Unable to route the recipient address.
).  A DSN has been generated. ( m:\transmt\src\cat\sinks\phatcat\cptutil.cpp@2714 )
Data:
0000: 5d 05 04 c0               ]..À

First in this error, I don't have an Org called NT5 and an ou with that name.

second error-

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
Event Category: Categorizer
Event ID: 6004
Date:  4/4/2006
Time:  10:41:49 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: EXNYC04
The categorizer is unable to categorize messages due to a retryable error. There is not enough space on the disk.

Data:
0000: 70 00 00 00               p...

This is strange because I have like 20gigs of free space on this server and the email in question is about 4mb.

Thanks again!

On 4/4/06, Tom Kern <tpkern@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a user who everyday sends an email to ~2000 recipients and the email gets stuck in the categorizer queue for hours.

All the reipients are internal users. they are single users, no DL's or groups.

The GC is not overloaded and connectivity between exchange and the GC is good(same site,etc).

I have diag logging turned up but no errors in the app log on exchange or on my GC.

I have 6 exchange servers and 3 GC's in my domain.

I'm running exchange 2k in mixed mode in a win2k native forest.

Any help would be great.

Thanks