[ExchangeList] message stuck in "messages awaiting directory lookup" queue

  • From: "Tom Kern" <tpkern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ExchangeList <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:08:56 -0400

I have a user who everyday sends an email to ~2000 recipients and the email gets stuck in the categorizer queue for hours.

All the reipients are internal users. they are single users, no DL's or groups.

The GC is not overloaded and connectivity between exchange and the GC is good(same site,etc).

I have diag logging turned up but no errors in the app log on exchange or on my GC.

I have 6 exchange servers and 3 GC's in my domain.

I'm running exchange 2k in mixed mode in a win2k native forest.

Any help would be great.

Thanks