message count

  • From: Tom Kern <tpkern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangemail <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:45:43 -0500

Hi all.
Here is my issue.

I'm journalling all email in all the stores in my 7 server exchange 2k ORG
to a contact which forwards this email to a smarthost(third party archive
firm) via an smtp connector.

My problem is, I'd like to take a count of all email being journaled and
compare it to the #'s given me by the company I'm journalling to and see if
they match up.

I've tried using this route-
http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/glenscales/mtrackrs.asp, but the
count is abnormally large and not really accurate mirror of what i'm
journalling. or rather, its too accurate
also, i have to run this script against all 7 servers.

Is there a way i can get a count of all the email i'm journalling?
A perfmon counter for journalling?
Or should i try to get a count of all email flowing out of my journal smtp
connector(if so, how would i do that?)?

I just want some way to validate the #'s this company is giving me, somehow.

Thanks alot