RE: message blocked by grandhyattbali.com

  • From: "John T \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:53:31 -0800

I was going to say:

=Without seeing more information, I have a couple of guesses in order:
=
=1. Some one you know (or one of your users knows) is infected with a virus,
is sending =out virus laden messages and they are pretending to be from your
user, those =messages are bouncing back to your server as undeliverable, and
your server is then =bouncing them as unknown.
=
=2.

But while investigating number 2 I found you have server and DNS problems.

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=palmdrivehospital.com

ERROR: One or more of your mailservers does not accept mail to
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mailservers are required (RFC822 6.3,
RFC1123 5.2.7, and RFC2821 4.5.1) to accept mail to postmaster.
palmdrivehospital.com's postmaster response: >>> RCPT
TO:<postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <<< 550 5.7.1 66.36.241.109 has been
blocked by grandhyattbali.com

WARNING: One or more of your mailservers does not accept mail to
abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mailservers are expected by RFC2142 to accept
mail to abuse.

palmdrivehospital.com's abuse response:
    >>> RCPT TO:<abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    <<< 550 5.7.1 66.36.241.109 has been blocked by grandhyattbali.com

WARNING: One or more of your mailservers does not accept mail in the domain
literal format (user@[0.0.0.0]). Mailservers are technically required
RFC1123 5.2.17 to accept mail to domain literals for any of its IP
addresses. Not accepting domain literals can make it more difficult to test
your mailserver, and can prevent you from receiving E-mail from people
reporting problems with your mailserver. However, it is unlikely that any
problems will occur if the domain literals are not accepted (mailservers at
many common large domains have this problem).

palmdrivehospital.com's postmaster@[63.193.20.130] response:
    >>> RCPT TO:<postmaster@[63.193.20.130]>
    <<< 550 5.7.1 66.36.241.109 has been blocked by grandhyattbali.com

Has your IP addresses changed or anything changed?

If not, you better run and found out what is going on.

John T
eServices For You