RE: mailbox backup

  • From: "Mohammed Tantawi" <mtantawi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:32:14 +0300

Dear Ruba,

Thank you for your information,  and your help . but I have some
questions

1.      For Daily Backup , should I  make it online backup or off line
backup , and if its online Backup every day , what type of Backup should
I make (  Normal , Copy , incremental , Differential , Daily ) .

2.      When I was running online back up , the backup report said  "
complete with the skipped Files ", when I searched on it in KDbase, I
found that I have to install the service Pack for Exchange, what do you
think, did you face this Problem Before ? and was that solution ?

3.      You mean when I am restoring every thing from beginning, I will
only reinstall Windows 2000 Advanced server + SP for Windows + SP for
Exchange,  or is there any need to reinstall the exchange in disaster
recovery mode ?

For Veritas , there was a siminar for it in Jeddah & I Attend this
seminar, I ordered the CD from Veritas and I am working on it as testing
, but do you think it is good ? Because this is the first time for me to
work with Exchange Server Backup.

4.      what will happen if I delete all of the Log files , is there any
Problem from it. I mean with off line backup, all of the log file will
be delete from the Hard disk and it will record it self in the Database
while I am dismount it ., so is there any Problem will happen . ??