RE: mail queuing up for extended period[Scanned]

  • From: "Simon Bound" <simon.bound@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:41:49 +0100

Try - http://www.dnsreport.com/

Accessing your mail servers takes ages.

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Liddekee [mailto:mliddekee@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 4:22 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] mail queuing up for extended period[Scanned]

http://www.MSExchange.org/

We seem to be having a problem as of late.  When anyone tries to send an
outgoing email, it seems to take 10-20minutues for the message to be sent by
Exchange.  I don't seem to be experiencing a problem with incoming mail.  I can
send any number of test emails in from the outside and they all arrive very
fast.  Its just the outgoing that seems to be affected.  I do notice that if I
go to the SMTP queue there are a lot of entries for what looks like
undeliverable return messages from postmaster.  It would appear that most of
these domains would be spam-related.  I believe a lot of these are probably
incoming spam for users that are no longer with the company and exchange is
trying to send NDR messages to non-existent spam addresses.  Any ideas how I
could clean this up a bit?  Also would all of these extras cause the delays in
regular outbound email?  Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mike Liddekee

Network Engineer

Humco Holding Group, Inc.