mail listing for litigation purposes

  • From: "Mike Liddekee" <mliddekee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:02:02 -0600

We are in the process of becoming involved in a contract dispute with a
vendor.  I need to put together a list of all emails containing certain
keywords that could be printed off for documentation purposes.  We
currently run Exchange 2003 (upgraded from Exchange 2000).  Some of the
email in question will have been imported to Exchange from PST files
before we went live on Exchange in summer 2003.  I'm not sure a logical
way to do this for existing emails without pulling up each user's
individual mailbox.

This also brings up a side point that I'm looking for possible future
solutions that would archive incoming mail to some type of database
setup that could be searched/printed with quick speed.  I'm sure there
are solutions for large companies that cost a lot.  I've just started
evaluating a product from GFI called MailArchiver.  It seems like it may
do this but I'm not sure how robust or user-friendly it may be.  It
won't help in my present situation as it only grabs new mail not
existing.  Other opinions/comments would be appreciated.

Mike Liddekee
Network Engineer

Humco Holding Group, Inc.
7400 Alumax Dr.