[ExchangeList] mail contacts max capacity

  • From: Christian Petrou <lightit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:55:25 -0800

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Have a scenario I have
not run into yet.  I have an access database with about 200K contacts that we
need to have real-time updating and contact with via email & mail merges for
several users.  The request is to have all these contacts pulled into an
address book on exchange2007 broken down by categories.

1. How can I get all these contacts imported into the mail contact  address
book I can create via a csv file using the exchange power shell, or from access
mapping the fields to the corresponding data.
So far I have found a way to script it with a csv file.

Shell one-liner:

# contacts.csv is a sample csv file containing below columns:
#     name,company,department,displayName,targetAddress,mailNickname
import-csv contacts.csv | foreach { new-mailcontact -alias $_.mailnickname
-name $_.displayName -ExternalEmailAddress $_.targetaddress -org Users }

2. My concern is the max number of records the address book can handle without
breaking exchange.

3. Is there a better software solution that can tie in with exchange?

Christian