mail congestion across VPN

  • From: "Harry van Rensburg" <harry.vanrensburg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:33:39 -0600

Mail to South Africa from outside our company enters in North America and
then gets sent via a VPN tunnel. The configuration consists of Exchange
2003 Bridgehead servers on both sides.  We originally configured X.400
connectors, but now have SMTP connectors with a lower costing.  Mail
congests seriously on the Server in NA causing mail to be delayed for up
to 12 hours before reaching ZA.  At times the queue backs up to approx.
3000 messages.
Any ideas, suggestions, monitoring tools, etc will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
-Harry