RE: lost outside contact with OWA

  • From: "Holstrom, Don" <DHolstrom@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:10:18 -0400

It's not, I don't think, a problem with outside access as I cannot access it
from within either. From inside or out it used to be mail.xxx.com/exchange.
Now from within it only works if I insert the exchange server's internal IP
address/exchange.

OWA (Exchange 5.5 on Win2K server) was working fine until I changed DSL
lines. I have good e-mail in and out, but cannot access OWA from outside. I
use simple SMC Barricade firewall with one IP address and 192.......
addresses doled out within. I can access OWA properly from within if I use
browser to inside IP address/exchange, but not by using
mail.domain.com/exchange as I did before, inside and out. Is this some DNS
setting I must make inside? I do not at this time run DNS inside.