RE: lost e-mails from inbox

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:09:51 -0000

MessageHi Fereydoon

Have a look in OWA? Can you see them there? Use the format
http:\\servername\exchange\mailboxname and then enter his account and password
details when prompted, or any account that has suitable permissions to his
mailbox. If you can see them there then forward one to him and see if he gets
it. If it appears in OWA but not Outlook when forwarded then it is most likely
a client problem. Silly question. Can you see them on another machine running
Outlook? One other approach would be to Exmerge his mailbox out to a PST and
see from where they are visible. Exmerge is on the E2K CD.

Let me know how you get on. Hope that helps? Get back to me if I can help
further.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.
    From: Fereydoon Tahmooressi [mailto:fereydoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
    Posted At: den 6 februari 2003 22:30
    Posted To: exchange
    Conversation: lost e-mails from inbox
    Subject: [exchangelist] lost e-mails from inbox

    http://www.MSExchange.org/

    Hi,

    I was just notified by a user that all his messages in his in box
disappeared.  He has other folders which contain a lot of e-mail and they are
there.  I looked at M:\ drive and under his mail box (inbox) he has 50 or so
messages.  I do not back up the Exchange yet.  How do I retrieve his messages?
Exchange 2000 SP3

    Thanks.