link Exchange 2000 to SQL 2000

  • From: akzuva@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 01:49:04 -0600

I am trying to access the public folders in exchange and cannot do so.
Script as follows:

if exists(select 1 from master..sysservers where srvname = 'E2KPF')
exec sp_dropserver 'E2KPF', 'droplogins'
go
EXEC sp_addlinkedserver 'E2KPF', 'Exchange OLE DB provider',
'exoledb.DataSource.1',
'file:\\.\backofficestorage\ExchangeDomain\public folders'
go

In EM when I double click the tables under the linked server or run a
query I get
error Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Procedure vw_E2KPF, Line 2
OLE DB provider 'exoledb.DataSource.1' reported an error. Access denied.
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'exoledb.DataSource.1'
IUnknown::QueryInterface returned 0x80070005:  Access denied.].

E2K and SQL 2000 are on the same server
SQL Instance was created using Windows authentication
Instance started using a service account which is a member of
Administrators
client permissions on the contacts folder in public folders are anonymous
= reviewer

I have followed Steve Bryants article How to get access to all mailboxes
in Exchange 2000 Server and this has not helped.

I do not want to start the SQL Instance with the administrator account

What permissions must be given to the exchange containers to allow access?
Thanks in Advance