RE: leaving mail on server

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:19:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> Yes, in every regard, except instead of a PST, it's an OST (Offline
> Store).

Thanks!  It sounds perfect.  One more question/scenario.  So my personal
storage (OST?) and server mailbox are in sync.  To eliminate space bloat
on the server, I delete a bunch of email from the server and move it to
folders under my Inbox in my personal storage (PST). What will caching
mode do in this case?  Will it then delete the same emails I had deleted
on the server, from my personal storage too, to synch what I did on the
sever, but also create the new folders and emails therein that I had just
created in my personal storage, and copy them back to the server under the
same new folders inder the server Inbox to synch what I did in my personal
folders, thereby putting back the bloat I just took out?

Best regards
Mike