RE: leaving mail on server

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:02:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Raj,

> You have to change the Outlook profile configuration for each user, so
> that the delivery location is set to Server Mailbox, and not to Personal
> folders.

Thanks!  In fact I found that shortly after I sent the email!  I should
have checked more.  Along those lines, is there a way to keep the personal
folder synchronized with the server mailbox?  In other words, when email
is delivered to the server mailbox, a copy gets dumped into the personal
mailbox?  and more importantly, when an email is sent (from the personal
mailbox presumably) the server mailbox "sent mail" folder reflects this
too?  Likewise for calendar changes, i.e. calendar changes made to
personal calendar are reflected on server mailbox and vice versa?

This is for some users who are travelling a lot and do their work from
multiple workstations (office workstation, home workstation, notebook,
OWA, and mobile PDA).  Ideally, all workstations's personal folders should
keep themselves sync'd up with the server mailbox so changes to either are
reflected everywhere.

Best regards
Mike