[ExchangeList] Re: [isalist] off topic about commercial certificates

  • From: "Jabber Wock" <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:42:55 -0400

Hi,

There are three places that certs are used as far as Exchange and Outlook is concerned:  OWA, RPC/HTTP, and ActiveSync/OMA.

For OWA and RPC/HTTP, the pre-populated certs are in your Windows workstation (XP, 2000, Mac etc.).

What cert CAs are pre-populated for mobile devices?  I expect this would vary by manufacturer, or even by service provider.  Does anyone have a list of "officially approved pre-populated list of CAs" that we can be confident will work for mobile devices?  (other than Verisign, Thawte and Geotrust)

JW

On 6/22/06, Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There are cheap ones that use trusted CA's (that MS pre-populates), you just need to be careful with which free one you use.