[ExchangeList] Re: [isalist] off topic about commercial certificates

  • From: Chris Buechler <msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:10:03 -0400

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Ara Avvali wrote:

I am in process of buying a certificate and was wondering why godaddy certs are much cheaper (90%) compared to Verisign and geoturst. Something is not right L has anyone had experience with their certificates? Does it give you the annoying warning like personal certificates? Is it compatible with mobile devices doing active sync over https?

Their certificates are fine. They shouldn't give you certificate warnings. If you want to try a site that uses one, I have one installed on my personal site. https://chrisbuechler.com If that doesn't give you a certificate warning, one you buy won't either. I've yet to see any browser that will give a certificate error on it (other than old Windows installs that don't have updated root certificates from Windows update).

I also used a GoDaddy SSL cert for OWA at my last employer, and currently use one for OWA and OMA at my current employer. Never had any problem at all.

List Archives: http://www.freelists.org/archives/exchangelist/ MSExchange Newsletter: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/ MSExchange Blogs: http://blogs.msexchange.org/ -------------------------------------------------------