RE: is this possible in exchange 2000

  • From: "Jim Origel" <jim.origel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:51:32 +0200

Just a quick question to all, can I use eseutil with the IS service
running or should I shut down the attendant service and it shuts down
the others as well?  I need to run it with the switches to analyze first
and I have the MS article to do but wanted to make sure.  I will make a
copy of the priv1.edb as it is 16 GB in size.  My poor man's backup
NTBACKUP.EXE has complained every single time about corruption or damage
so I need to see what I can do.  It will not backup the IS at all and I
even tried shutting down the VIRUSSCAN and excluding the MDBDATA
folders.  No luck.  Thank You Jim