[ExchangeList] installing and additional exchange 2003 server

  • From: Patrick <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:08:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Guys,
I have just been told to migrate users away from a failing exchange server to another box. Juts wondering if anyone can point me to some solid documetaion on how to do this.
I intend to install a new exchange 2003 server into the existing organisation, once done, migrate the users, and at a later date take the old server offline.
This is somewhat blind to me, as i do not have full details of the site yet, but wondering if i will need to go through the same steps in setting up the first exchange server in the ORG. Will I have to run domain and forest prep.
 I think I have a deadline of Friday to have it all sorted, so need to start gathering as much infor as possible.

Do You Yahoo!?