RE: information store size does not reduce

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:55:44 -0400

The size shown for EDB and STM files will never decrease unless you do an
offline defrag.  Under most circumstances, an offline defrag is unnecessary
and not recommended.

Check the Application event log for event ID 1221.  Those will show you how
much free space you have within the store files.

Carl