information store size does not reduce

  • From: "Raju" <mvraju@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:43:39 -0600

I have exchange 2003 (SP1) on W2k Server. My store is almost 14.4 GB.
Since SP2 is not yet released, I may end up in exchange store crossing 16
GB limit.

To avoid storage limit problem, I moved some of my mailbox of server store
to personal folders of user to reduce the information store size.

When I checked store after moving, the size remaining same (ie priv1.edb).
Some of my friends said it will reduce once maintainance of mailbox is run
but inspite of doing it, no change in reduction of size.

Can anyone help me to solve this issue because I am in fix due to storage
limit.

raju