inetinfo.exe high memory usage

  • From: <aretozdemirci@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:00:02 +0300

Hi,

We're using Exchange 2000 SP3 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server with 4 GB of
memory.

It was working ok until Friday. After Friday, inetinfo.exe's memory usage
started to increase rapidly. When it reaches 1.6 GB memory (the process itself
in 15-30 minutes) local and remote delivery stops.

I read over the following articles which i think points my problem.

XADM: Message Tracking May Cause the Inetinfo.exe Process to Show Very High
Memory Use
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811409&Product=exch2k>

XADM: Inetinfo Process Consumes a High Amount of Memory When You Start the SMTP
Service on a Cluster Server
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812275&Product=exch2k>
 (our server is not a cluster server)

I disabled the message tracking and installed "824282
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=824282>  September 2003
Exchange 2000 Server Post-Service Pack 3 Rollup".

Still not working.

My server is no on cluster server but should i try to delete temp folders in
system mailbox? (the second article listed above)

Any ideas?

thanks