RE: how to migrate exchange when we have two organisations

  • From: <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 15:55:20 -0500

What you're doing is an inter-org migration. You have the right picture.
You create your new 2003 domain. You install your new Exchange 2003
server in the existing 5.5 exchange org. Run admt to migrate your users
to the new domain. Install ADC so the mailboxes on 5.5 will now map to
the users in 2003. Then you can move mailboxes to your 2003 exhange
server, migrate pf etc.